Welcome to the fun house...
So time really flew. The days of hanging with friends, having no responsibilities, and changing from Pajama pants to yoga pants is part of your dressing routine. What now?
It is time to put on your big girl panties, in my case sometimes "No panties". (Damn dog chews up every pair of underwear I own, but that is another story).
Now that you have kids, it is time to "Lead the next generation, into society".
I would love to say that I am the Mother of the year, or even of the week, day, hour, or minute. Alas, I am not nor do I strive to be...here is my secret you ready.
...There you have it. But being a lazy parent in no way implies that, "I am a bad parent."
Before you judge me, for freely admitting this. Have you ever had a day where you just didn't feel like pretending to be "Super Mom"? Who says that all parents have to be the same? Who says that we have have to strive for perfection? Society, your own beliefs, or feeling that you will let your children down if they see you fail?
I consider myself to be a modern mom. Not worrying about others judging me Maybe because I do not get on to my children enough, or provide them with a cook from scratch kind of dinner every night.
My kids play video games for hours. Eat junk food, and have there moments where I take my lil knob and "tune them out" from high pitch squeals of laughter and non-sense.
Yes, I may throw out a box of corndogs on the counter, and say "this is whats for dinner. Time to learn to use the microwave."
I would love to say it is from a high pressure job, and that I just work so hard during the week that I don't have any energy. That just simply would not be true.
I have accepted the fact that I am not perfect. My parenting skills are lacking, and I am the "Queen" of empty threats.
With all of this honest confessions, I am sharing. I know that I am not the only parent out there that is like this.
It is actually kind of funny how I came upon this topic...of being a lazy parent. Here is the quick story before I over blog my welcome..lol.
The Dr. Phil show got a hold of me on you tube. ( For a year straight. I ran around with a flip cam. Recording our daily ventures.) There was a video that they came across, where my son was throwing a temper tantrum. They asked me and my husband to come on the show on the "Perils of Parenting" basically going to tell national TV that my methods of parenting was not right..I mean who documents a child having a temper tantrum,,,only about 50,000 other You tubers.




No comments:
Post a Comment